Planning and Landscape Architecture
KTUA is in search of an inspired, creative, and motivated individual with a passion for parks and recreation planning, active transportation and healthy placemaking. KTUA is seeking a creative planner for park and active transportation planning and design. Responsibilities include project visioning, development of planning studies, master plans, community engagement, business development, research, planning and design document development and production. Projects are located throughout Southern and Central California.
KTUA is an award-winning firm with a diverse team who likes to work hard and play hard. We have a passion for design encouraged by observing the world and sharing our travels, hosting field trips to our sites, and collaborating in our office as a team. The diversity of project types and the variety of scales of our projects keep us engaged. We are constantly evolving by learning new techniques and processes. You might catch us on Halloween getting competitive in our pumpkin carving contest or eating carne asada tacos during our parking lot summer BBQs, or in search of the most obnoxious present for our annual white elephant gift exchange during the holidays. We are a group who focuses on client satisfaction. We are designing places to play, celebrate, learn, gather, and relax. If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to talk with you about your experience.
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in planning, landscape architecture, architecture, or urban and environmental studies.
· Internship experience a plus.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites.
· Preferred experience includes ArcGIS, SketchUp and AutoCAD.
· Strong report writing, research, and presentation skills required.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
· Motivated self-starter able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Favorable background check and ability to travel.
· Must be authorized to work in the USA (Citizenship or current VISA/Green Card).
KTUA is a well-established planning and landscape architecture firm with a diverse project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment in our San Diego, California office.
· 401(k) with Employer Match
· 125 Cafeteria Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
· Holiday and Vacation Pay
· Medical and Dental Coverage
· Performance Bonus Plan
· Stock Options and Profit-sharing Plan
· Bike and Transit Commuting Benefits
· Vibrant urban neighborhood, 10-minute walk to Balboa Park
· Hybrid work schedule
Position available immediately and will remain open until filled. Email a cover letter, resume, and writing/graphic samples or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com, no phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org