Website TW Land Planning & Development, LLC
TW LANDING PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT, LLC is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of planners, GIS professionals, and stormwater specialists. We provide a wide range of services in urban planning, environmental impact assessment, and construction/ stormwater monitoring, focusing on southern and central California.
We invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm’s business goals and needs.
We are seeking dynamic, self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented planning professionals interested in joining our Planning team. Our planners currently provide project management and permitting/ entitlement assistance on a wide variety of land development and agricultural projects in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties.
We are specifically looking to fill planning positions immediately in our downtown Ventura office. The MID-to-SENIOR level Planner will:
1) Provide planning/ entitlement/ project management services primarily for private individuals or corporations, including developers and cannabis companies.
2) Work independently with minimum supervision; some incumbents will train and assign work to entry-level planning and support staff.
3) Prepare applications to meet legal submission requirements; determine which studies/ reports would be supportive of the project in conjunction with any required environmental review consistent with adopted State and local goals, policies, plans, and ordinances.
4) Meet with client and/or public agency(ies) to negotiate proposed permit conditions.
5) Aid in the selection and management of consultants by developing contracts, monitoring performance and billings, and reviewing technical analyses and documents.
6) Review reports/comments from the public and/or public agency staff; advise client and prepare appropriate response in support of project objectives and timelines.
7) Make oral presentations of projects/ reports before decision-making bodies.
8) Manage project, in consultation with client, project team, and public agency staff, to ensure compliance with conditions of approval and proper implementation of the project.
9) Research land use, transportation requirements, community design, resource constraints, environmental thresholds, and other development or environmental issues; analyze data to compile reports on development policies; compute descriptive statistics from data to incorporate in reports; interpret adopted State and local policies, guidelines, ordinances, and zoning regulations.
10) Serve as project manager for complex projects or participate in teams undertaking highly complex development projects.
11) Compile, develop, and index a wide variety of environmental resource data using a computerized data base; develop or supervise the development of reference materials, brochures, and computer information systems to clarify and streamline the permit process concerning zoning and land use permit requirements.
12) Assign work to and provide training for entry level planning and support staff; respond to questions related to general processes and specific cases; review and edit staff work product and recommendations.
13) Assist in company outreach/marketing and business development efforts in the southern/ central coast region of California.
Bachelors degree in environmental studies, urban planning or a related discipline, with between 5 and 10+ years of experience in municipal planning, environmental impact assessment, land development/entitlements, and/or urban design. Strong development plan review, communication, critical thinking, writing, presentation skills, and an understanding of land use policy and zoning regulations are required. Experience with preparing CEQA documents is also preferred. AICP certification, experience in cannabis entitlement/ licensing, and experience in architectural/design review is also preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to TWHITE@TWLANDPLAN.COM