ELECTION FOR APA CENTRAL COAST SECTION EXECUTIVE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Lead the future of planning in our Central Coast communities! The Central Coast Section of the American Planning Association, California Chapter (APACA) is soliciting candidates from within its membership to run for positions on the Section’s Executive Board of Directors.
What does the Central Coast Section’s Executive Board Do?
Members of our Executive Board of Directors oversee exciting professional development activities throughout Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties, throughout the State of California, and nationally. Getting involved is a great way to connect with other professionals in your field and contribute to the quality of your profession.
Open Positions for the 2021 Election
Executive Board of Directors’ positions will be open and Board Members for each position will be elected by the membership in November and December 2021. Positions to be included in the 2021 election are:
- Section Director
- Sub-Section Directors (3)
- Diversity, Equity, and Membership (DEM) Officer
- Social Media Officer
- Sponsorship and Fundraising Officer – vacant
- Legislative Officer
Elected Board Members will begin their terms on January 1, 2022. Each of the above offices serves a term of two (2) years. The duties for these positions are detailed in the California Chapter of the American Planning Association’s Central Coast Section Bylaws.
October 26, 2021 to November 16, 2021 | Call for Candidate Statements | Submit your candidate statement online through the Online Candidate Statement Form. Additional details are below for interested candidates.
November 16, 2021 | Candidate Statements Due | All statements must be submitted by email no later than November 16, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
November 17, 2021 thru December 7, 2021 | Election of Candidates | Candidate Statements Published and Polls Opened to Membership.
Online voting will be made available during the election periods, and online ballots will be due no later than December 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Online voting is available! Online ballots are due no later than December 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Click here to access the Online Ballot for the 2021 Election
December 8, 2021 | Election Results Certification | APA Central Coast Section’s Board of Directors certifies election
Between December 8, 2021 and December 31, 2021 | Election Results Announced | APA Central Coast Section’s Board of Director announces results.
Where can I learn about the Board roles of the Central Coast Section?
The duties for these positions are detailed in the California Chapter of the American Planning Association’s Central Coast Section Bylaws. Click here to review the Central Coast Section’s Bylaws
If you would like to obtain more information regarding these open positions or have questions that you would like to ask prior to submitting your candidate statement, please contact the Election Committee using the below contact information:
Rachel Raynor, AICP, Section Director, email@example.com
Lilly Rudolph, Diversity, Equity, and Membership Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clay Downing, Ventura County Sub-Section Director, email@example.com
Who can be a candidate?
If you are a current APA member, placing your name on the ballot is easy:
- Click the link to Online Candidate Statement Form (Only available during Call for Candidates).
- Each candidate will be asked to provide a brief (two-paragraph maximum) candidate statement describing your relevant experience and why you are interested in the position as well as your name. Contact information will also be requested; however, this information will not be published as part of the election process.
- Once submitted, the Central Coast Section’s Election Committee will ensure that your information is made available for the Central Coast Section election.
- Questions or problems with submission should be sent to any of the Election Committee members by email.
What is the Central Coast Section of APA California?
The Central Coast Section is a professional organization for planning, design, and development professionals that promotes professional development, continuing education, planning-related events, and awareness of planning issues to its membership and the public. More information is available on the About Us webpage.