Sign up now:
Our 2022 virtual Mentorship Program facilitates career development for both emerging and experienced planners alike by creating a valuable opportunity to connect and grow alongside other planning professionals. The Program is designed to create a participatory learning environment and interactive networking opportunities for planners across the Central Coast. Events include presentations from experienced professionals, Q & A sessions, and breakout rooms. Additionally, mentors will collaborate with their mentees in-between monthly events. The goal of the Mentorship Program is to create opportunities to learn and grow from fellow planners while building and sustaining a professional network.
All events will be between the hours of 12 pm-1 pm
September 8th: virtual training event, mentors only
September 15th: 1st virtual networking event, all participants
October 13th: 2nd virtual networking event, all participants
November 17th: 3rd virtual networking event, all participants
December: All participants are encouraged to attend their subsection’s Holiday Party to meet their fellow mentors and mentees in person.
- Professionals with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in any planning discipline who are excited to grow their professional network and share their knowledge and experiences with emerging planners. Each Mentor will be assigned one mentee. If additional mentors are needed, participants will be individually asked if willing to advise more than one. Minimum commitment of 3 meetings with mentees between September 2022 and December 2022.
- APA membership is required to be a mentor
- Emerging professionals who are eager to grow their professional network and learn from other experienced planners.
- Minimum commitment of 3 meetings with mentor between September 2022 and December 2022.
- APA membership is free for qualified students, and discounted rates are available for qualified new members. Please register for the APA Central Coast prior to registering for the Mentorship Program. . Please visit the Membership page for additional information.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Mentorship Program Hosts: Haley Kolosieke at Haley@sepps.com & Whitney Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information will be released on the website soon
https://norcalapa.org/resources/professional-development/mentorship-program/#1497316111489-26be5bde-b149 (good reference for webpage design)